Friday, December 08, 2006

..........AND THE PILE JUST KEEPS GETTING BIGGER!!@#*&

My turn to keep you up to date with the latest bullshit that we were fed! I was afraid that the keyboard would not cope with the pressure of Glenn pounding the keys!.....That and the somewhat colourful language that may grace this page.

Well, we were told handover would happen Wednesday 6th December 10am on-site. That in itself (the on-site bit) seemed a little strange. Everyone else we know has had handover at the office. So that's oddity number 1 (oddity number 2 would have been receiving some customer service from these people.....at any time......ever!).

Now based on history with our time in this building nightmare, Glenn and I knew well enough NOT to get excited. And we were once again proven correct.

We set out Wednesday morning with the hope that all the crap that we've endured may soon be over.....Alas 'twas not to be!! We felt physically ill, so much so that we could have quite easily pulled over and thrown up! As we drove the seemingly never ending road to our house we pulled up to a HUGE pile of rubble, sand and other building material. It was like we were stuck in a time warp and had gone back in time 3 weeks because nothing had been done since our inspection. The supervisor was on the defence straight away saying the painter had let him down again, and the cleaner can't do it until Monday 11th. Oh, he did say he tried getting hold of Glenn (this even though we have from day one told them to ring me as I'm more likely to be available). See this is the bullshit we get fed. The place was a pig sty! The floors still hadn't been cleaned, doors still needed to be hung, dishwasher was yet to be installed - you know just small things!!! I mean come on. How much shit do we have to put up with? The thing that REALLY PISSED US OFF was that I'd asked the question Monday morning on whether it was still gonna happen. Yes Kay, not heard anything different Kay, Supervisor hasn't informed me otherwise so all still good. CRAP - FUCKING BULLSHIT LIARS!!! (sorry Mum) They had to have known that it wasn't gonna happen.

We'd organised our tiles to be delivered, arranged a time to have the carpets laid and were going to paint before that was done on the 18th. All gone to shit! All it would have taken was a phone call saying hey guys sorry, but it's not gonna happen. But no, that would mean customer service and ummmm - we haven't seen any of that yet so I don't know what we were thinking!!!

I feel like back charging them for loss of income, rent, serious frustration and stress! Don't like my chances though. Just as well that we didn't take them on their word (hey wouldn't that be nice??) by forfeiting our rental and arranging to move in this weekend. That would have been interesting. Oh, I forgot - they did actually offer to give us the keys. Unbelievable! The bloody cheek of it - we don't even have dead locks, just holes where they're supposed to go!! I said what's the point, nothing's been done. I had to keep walking away, I was so mad and those who know me well know that this is when my emotions kick in and I probably would have ended up in tears. I WAS NOT GOING TO GIVE THEM THAT SATISFACTION! I can't believe we're still in this nightmare. We so want to say give us the keys and #@*& off!!!! These guys couldn't organise a root in a brothel (sorry Mum...again!!!)

Then today (2 days later) I get a phone call from our Customer Liaison Officer (LOL - laugh out loud) saying I hear things didn't go well Wednesday. My reply - uh yeah! So we're fed the "it'll be ready Thursday 14th December at 10am for handover - would you like to book in?" Gee, let me think about that for a while..........Yeah why don't you do that!*$#. Then (and this is the kicker) she says to me "You're not happy are you Kay? Do you want to tell me about it? That's what I'm here for". Can you believe it? I nearly laughed in her face. I'm thinking no, I don't feel like telling you 'cause I may not be able to stop the profanity coming out of my mouth or the tears from my eyes as my emotions go into overdrive...yeah yeah - okay I'm a sook but at least I can admit it!!! She's like are you sure? Yeah - what's the point? Going to the Construction Manager and CEO didn't help but hey I'm sure you'll listen!!!!

I.AM.DONE.WITH.THIS.SHIT!

WHEN WILL THE NIGHTMARE END??????

4 comments:

Nat said...

Christ, it all sounds too horrific for words.

I think you should write them a long 'lovely' letter telling them how you feel and threaten them with reporting them to the building ombudsman...do they have one here?

They have been completely crap with you from day one. They should have prioritised you when they fucked up the first time.

Bad bad men!

Nat said...

*Hugs* for you both....

UglyVermin said...

Fanks Nat. Very frustrating hey.

We have been out to the house since and the place has finally been painted and partically cleaned so we should be on par for handover on Thursday.

They just need to clean the kitchen & windows, remove the protective tape from the windows and clean all the shit around the outside of THE WHOLE HOUSE!!!

They were such messy buggers, even to the point of leaving beer bottles inside the house. How shit is that. I mean I understand about aving a beer after work but for fuck sake don't leave ya shit IN MY FUCKING HOME........WANKERS.

Yes you are right, Kay and I are going to write them a rather large letter explaining our disappointments and the lack of customer service we recieved throughout the whole building process..........Nah fuck that polite shit they are gonna recieve both barrels. STUPID FUCKED UP MOTHERLESS GOAT USELESS WANKERS!!!!

Glenn.

(People who I may of offended in this transcript....PISS OFF...don't give a rats ass)

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
I really feel for you all. I hope the kiddies are ok because you two sound very pissed. I just hope that all will be well soon for you all and you can enjoy the rest of your lives living in a beautiful home that I know you two will make it so hang in there. PS I like all those naughty words you two put so politely. You go Guys if it makes you feel better, but just remember your sanity and try to keep smileng because you really don't want the stress to have you ,it very hard for it to leave afterwards trust me I know. I had 15 years of it remember. Just think this will all be in the past soon and leave it there and just enjoy your home and family..
love you all
Sharon and Ehab